Guide to Online Degrees in Nursing
Finding the best Online Masters Degrees in Nursing - for you!
The ongoing shortage for nurses nationwide has led to innovative advances in nursing education and this has only really meant more and better opportunities for anyone working in the nursing field. Specialized nursing degrees are more in demand than ever before and if you already have an RN or BSN degree, a Masters degree the science of Nursing is an important way to get ahead to a significant raise or an important step up.
We don't need to tell you - Nursing is Hard Work.
Developing a strong skill set might be the last thing on your mind after tending patients all day. But online course work toward a masters degree in nursing might be the perfect way to end each day. Earning your degree is more possible than ever because so many institutions now offer online degree programs, even at the masters' level.
We checked each of the following accredited programs and we encourage you to investigate all of the most appropriate programs listed below. These are just some of the online masters degrees in nursing programs available. We'll do a follow-up post in a few days to highlight some of the others.
Adult & Acute CNS/Nurse Educators
Liberty University's Master of Science Nursing is a 36 credit hour program intended to train nursing professionals in Adult/Acute Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNSs) or as Nurse Educators. Approved by the Virginia State Council of Higher Education, Liberty University is also accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Clinical practicum experiences are tailored to meet the individual interests and learning needs of each student.
Adult CNS, Pediatric CNA, HSAD and CNS Post Master's Certificate
The University of Delaware Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree programs offer specializations in all of the above and their totally online and possible to finish even with your busy schedule.
Master of Science in Nursing and Masters in Public Health Dual Degree Program - UMassOnline offers this unique program in partnership with the School of Nursing and the School of Public Health and Health Sciences. With challenging courses in bio-statistics, epidemiology, environmental health, public health education, and much more, its one of the most rigorous online only nursing courses out there.
Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Educator
Capella University's online nursing masters is intended to train nurse educators. The curriculum includes the Essentials of Master‘s Education for Advanced Practice Nursing established by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, with a focus on nursing education. Courses are designed to provide advanced knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
Master of Science in Nursing Education
The Grand Canyon University online nursing masters program prepares advanced professional nurses in the specialty of nursing education. Advanced-Professional Nurse Educators can assume faculty positions in any nurse training program and skill sets include assessing educational needs, planning programs to meet those needs, and evaluating the outcomes of programs.
Master of Science in Nursing - Accelerated RN-MSN and Nurse Educator
The South University Master of Science in Nursing online program allows you to enhance the knowledge you use as a registered nurse, develop clinical teaching skills and learn to utilize research in the nursing practice.
Walden University's extensive online graduate degrees in nursing include:
- Master of Science in Nursing - Education - to address the need for more nursing education positions in L.P.N, A.D. and B.S.N. programs. These courses focus on developing solid pedagogical practices so you can impact the next generation of nurses.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Leadership and Management - The curriculum is based on the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials of Master's Education and the American Nurses Association's (ANA) Scope and Standards for Nurse Administrators.
- General Masters of Science in Nursing - important for people looking for a leadership role and who want to develop a broad range of skills in general nursing.
- Master of Science in Public Health - advance and apply knowledge from the social, behavioral, and health sciences.
The University of Phoenix online offers:
- Master of Science in Nursing / Integrative Health Care - a synthesis of conventional care with alternative and complementary healing therapies.
- Master of Science in Nursing degree designed to develop and enhance the knowledge and skills of registered nurses.
- Master of Science in Nursing & Health Care Education designed for nursing and health care professionals interested in pursuing or advancing in careers as faculty in higher educational settings.
Written by James Tomon - Degree Jungle Staff Writer © Degree Jungle 2010
- Online Educational Opportunities for Nurses - Exploring Online Education Jul 02
- Why Choose an Online Study Program? - Exploring Online Education Oct 05
- Choosing a MBA Program that's Perfect for your Career Goals - Exploring Online Education Nov 09
- Why Should I Study Criminal Justice Online? - Exploring Online Education May 20
- Getting the Most from your Online Coursework - Exploring Online Education Jun 20